An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Development Assistant to help HQLAᵡ onboard new customers to its exchange platform which will use R3’s Corda distributed ledger (‘blockchain’) technology to digitise baskets of assets and create a standardised token lending marketplace to help market participants redistribute liquidity more effectively and more cost efficiently.
HQLAᵡ is a partnership of financial market veterans focused on providing corporate and bank treasurers with a cost effective, standardised, transparent and scalable market solution to transfer liquidity more efficiently.
- A prototype version of the HQLAᵡ securities lending platform was originally built in 2017 using Corda via a collaboration of 5 banks, R3, and HQLAᵡ.
- Subsequently, an early version of the platform was used to execute a live transaction between 2 banks at the start of 2018.
- In April 2018, Deutsche Börse Group and HQLAᵡ announced a partnership to build the HQLAᵡ platform on the R3 Corda Blockchain Platform.
- And more recently, Deutsche Börse Group announced that it expanded its partnership with HQLAᵡ by acquiring a minority stake in HQLAᵡ.
Press releases for the above milestones are available here: https://www.hqla-x.com/news
HQLAᵡ is a financial technology innovation firm that leverages distributed ledger technology, to deliver liquidity management and collateral management solutions for institutional clients in the global securities financing markets.
- Assist in the development and production of client presentation materials in support of customer on-boarding and be able to effectively articulate our value proposition.
- Work closely and effectively with the Managers to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Monitor incoming email appropriately, prioritizing urgent messages, preparing responses or when sufficiently informed responding on behalf of the Managers.Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including managing multiple team meetings, compiling agendas, taking minutes, ensuring actions are followed up and completed as well as handling day to day administrative tasks for the benefit of the company.
- Ad hoc analysis for presentation content.
- Build partnerships that aid in delivering against the objectives of the company.
- Make presentations to HQLAᵡ co-founders, board of directors and chief executive officer as required.
You are passionate about Capital Markets, Distributed Ledger Technologies and you want to work with Investment Banking veterans.
- BA/BS in finance, economics, business or marketing related studies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills together with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure to handle a wide variety of activities within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to target customers via email and telephone and schedule meetings.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to interact effectively with prospective customers.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers, stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Demonstrable experience of problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Track record of being highly organised, managing not only your diary but also the diaries of others, and working with teams in other locations.
- Strong understanding of social media, LinkedIn etc.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Not scared of speaking your mind, taking and giving feedback.
- High attention to detail.
- A self-starter and somebody that is willing roll up sleeves to help HQLAᵡ achieve its goals.
More information on HQLAᵡ is available here: www.hqla-x.com
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org