An exciting opportunity exists for an IT Support Engineer to help support HQLAᵡ’s internal IT infrastructure.
HQLAᵡ is a partnership of financial market veterans focused on providing corporate and bank treasurers with a cost effective, standardised, transparent and scalable market solution to transfer liquidity more efficiently.
The HQLAᵡ platform uses R3’s distributed ledger technology (Corda) to record ownership of baskets of securities. Through its strong partnership with Deutsche Börse Group, HQLAᵡ has been able to integrate seamlessly with existing market infrastructure.
For press releases on HQLAᵡ’s launch and previous milestones, see https://www.hqla-x.com/news
The IT Support Engineer position is critical to the success of HQLAᵡ. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing, planning, implementing, and troubleshooting internal IT infrastructure in a highly regulated sector. They are likely to have worked in both banking and start-up environments. They are comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, and are passionate about building reliable and secure IT infrastructure that can meet strict regulatory requirements. Experience with capital markets, trading and/or blockchain technology is a plus, but not mandatory.
HQLAᵡ has offices in both Luxembourg and Zug. This opportunity exists in both locations.
An attractive and competitive benefits package is included.
- Design, develop and maintain the internal IT infrastructure, which includes a variety of cloud-based services (e.g., Office 365, Jira, Confluence).
- Help develop the internal security and compliance framework: policies, procedures and their implementation.
- Configure company devices and support BYOD where feasible.
- Participate in vendor/product selection and participate in vendor risk assessments (both ways: from us on others and from others on us)
- Interface with suppliers of internal non-product IT services (Office 365, Jira, Confluence, CharlieHR, TinyPulse, …) and setting up integrations with those services
- Support employees (account management, authorization requests, laptop setup, etc.)
- Qualified candidates could also perform platform-related tasks if time and skills permit and would then interface with platform-related vendors and providers.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field.
- Hands-on, multiyear experience in IT Support or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a strong command of English, both written and spoken. A good command of French is a plus, but not required.
- Understands the operational and security requirements that come with operating in a regulated, financial environment to help with negotiation, troubleshooting, documentation and presentations.
- Experience in risk and with regulatory and risk management frameworks (ISO 27001, NIST RMF, CSSF PSF, …).
- Understands security concepts, tools, and techniques. Ideally certified in one or more areas, e.g.:
- - IAM
- - Device Management, BYOD
- - PKI, Encryption, Key Management
- - Data Loss Prevention
- - VPNs, Firewalls
- - Asset lifecycle management
- Experience working with Office 365, Azure AD, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, ServiceDesk)
- Precise, diligent, organized, flexible; can manage their time effectively.
- Basic development/scripting skills to automate tasks (bash/python) are a plus.
More information on HQLAᵡ is available here: www.hqla-x.com
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com