HQLAX is an innovative financial technology firm founded by financial market practitioners. Our vision is to accelerate the financial ecosystem’s transition towards frictionless ownership transfers of assets, and our core clients are financial institutions active in securities lending and collateral management.Together with Deutsche Börse, we created a multi-layer operating model which enables our clients to transfer ownership of securities across disparate collateral pools at precise moments in time, providing our clients with capital cost savings by reducing credit risk, intra-day liquidity requirements, and operational risk.
Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will work with company management and colleagues in tech, finance, product development and sales, as well as our clients, stakeholders and partners, on a range of projects across the areas noted below. Experience in securities lending, DLT and/or complex commercial contracts is a plus – the willingness to learn, the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and a commitment to helping build our vision and embracing our cultural values are essential. In return, we offer attractive compensation and benefits, including the opportunity to participate in the company’s growth, as well as flexible work-from-home arrangements and a commitment to work- /home-life balance.
The position is based in Luxembourg. Some travel within Europe may be required.
· Governance – prepare board and shareholder resolutions and other materials and liaise with stakeholders
· Client onboarding – draft and negotiate revenue contracts and other key legal documents, coordinating as needed with strategic partners
· Product development – provide legal advice to the tech and product teams on updates to the HQLAX platform
· Regulatory – ensure compliance with applicable regulations across the jurisdictions where HQLAX operates, and monitor the regulatory landscape for developments of relevance
· Risk management – provide legal advice on policies and procedures and contribute to client vendor risk assessments
· Track legal spending and manage outside counsel
· Handle other day-to-day legal work and queries for a fast-growing fintech
· Qualified lawyer with at least 3 years of PQE
· Oral and written fluency in English
· Excellent drafting and communication skills, in both legal and non-legal contexts
· Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and partners to complete complex projects
· Confidence to interact directly with management, stakeholders and a sophisticated client base on important legal and regulatory matters
· Ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment, with many projects running in parallel
More information on HQLAᵡ is available here: www.hqla-x.com
Interested in this role? Please apply in English at email@example.com
HQLAX is committed to building a diverse team. We encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.