An exciting opportunity exists for an Ops Engineer/developer to help build HQLAX’s new collateral exchange platform, which was successfully launched in November 2019. Launch press-release
HQLAX is a partnership of financial market veterans focused on providing corporate and bank treasurers with a cost effective, standardised, transparent and scalable market solution to transfer liquidity more efficiently.
The HQLAX platform uses R3’s distributed ledger technology (Corda) to record ownership of baskets of securities. Through its strong partnership with Deutsche Börse Group, HQLAX has been able to integrate seamlessly with existing market infrastructure.
For press releases on HQLAX’s launch and previous milestones, see the link below.HQLAX News.
The Ops Engineer position is critical to the success of the HQLAX platform. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building, deploying, operating, monitoring, and troubleshooting complex software stacks in enterprise environments. They are likely to have worked in both banking and startup environments, be comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, and be passionate about building reliable, secure and commercially successful solutions. Capital markets, trading and/or blockchain technology experience are a plus, but not mandatory.
HQLAX has offices in both Luxembourg and Zug. This opportunity exists in Luxembourg.
Attractive and competitive benefits package included.
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration environment for the HQLAX software platform.
- Coordinate the rollout of new releases across all nodes of the HQLAX Corda Business Network.
- Hands-on development & fix of key components of the HQLAX collateral exchange platform.
- Investigate and resolve incidents.
- Partner with the Deutsche Börse Group technology team to enhance the overall technology architecture of the HQLAX platform for customers.
- Partner with R3’s Corda development team to propose enhancements to the Corda Enterprise platform that will mutually benefit both the HQLAX platform and other Corda based solutions.
- Design and maintain a highly reliable and secure production environment, including logging, monitoring, analytics, etc.
- Cover part of an on-call rota to provide production support.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field. We specifically expect up-to-date knowledge in these areas: networking, relational databases, security.
- Solid grasp of modern software development practices (version control, continuous integration/delivery, acceptance testing, etc.). Significant hands-on experience in the fields of software development and operations.
- Knowledge of blockchain principles is desirable but not essential.
- A self-starter and somebody who is willing to roll up sleeves to help HQLAX achieve its goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Strong coordination skills; will be involved in coordinating test activities across stakeholders, partners, contractors, and vendors.
- Hands-on, multiyear experience in the following areas:
Hands-on, multiyear experience in the following areas:
- Unix/Linux: installing, configuring and troubleshooting Unix/Linux-based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Networking: (TCP/IP, firewalls, load balancers, proxy configuration)
- Security: key management, HSMs, PKI, TLS, VPNs, SGX, single sign on, mobile device management, penetration testing.
- Databases: database administration, SQL, Oracle experience is a plus.
- Cloud: automated management of secure, stable, test and production environments; Azure experience is a plus.
- Testing: creating test plans, coordinating tests, executing tests (acceptance, performance, load, security).
- Configuring and operating message brokers.
- Monitoring (using stacks such as ELK, Datadog, Graphite/Grafana, etc.).
- Scripting (Python, shell).
- JVM: building, packaging, distributing, deploying, tuning, and monitoring of JVM-based application stacks.
- Incident management and incident response.
- Deploying, using and managing the Atlassian tool set (Jira, Service Desk, etc).
- Virtualization and containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with one or more blockchain technologies.
More information on HQLAX is available here: www.hqla-x.com.
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.