HQLAᵡ is an innovative financial technology firm founded by financial market practitioners. Our vision is to accelerate the financial ecosystem’s transition towards frictionless ownership transfers of assets, and our core clients are financial institutions active in securities lending and collateral management.
Our immediate goal is to improve collateral mobility amongst market-leading triparty agents and custodians. Together with Deutsche Börse, we created a multi-layer operating model which enables our clients to exchange ownership of baskets of securities across disparate collateral pools at precise moments in time.
The atomic nature of our Delivery vs Delivery (DvD) ownership transfers provides our clients with capital cost savings by reducing credit risk, intra-day liquidity requirements, and operational risk.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Salesperson to help grow the HQLAᵡ client footprint.
The Sales position is critical to the success of the HQLAᵡ platform. The successful candidate is likely to have a background and knowledge of securities lending and / or collateral management within global securities financing markets, worked in both banking and start up environments, be comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, be a"player and a coach", be strictly non-political, and be passionate about building commercially successful solutions.
This role involves managing complex sales cycles and liaising with HQLAᵡ clients from initial introduction through the onboarding phase to client go-live and thereafter to ensure client satisfaction, working together with HQLAᵡ Sales Lead. The role also involves liaising with the Senior Management Team as well as the HQLAᵡ client onboarding team to help ensure that client onboarding and volume targets are met.
HQLAᵡ has offices in Luxembourg and Zug, and will soon open a new office in London. This opportunity exists in London. Currently our clients are based mostly in Europe, however over time our client footprint will become more global. This role will require travel to meet our clients face to face (subject to pandemic travel restrictions).
· Manage complex sales cycles from initial introduction to client “go-live” and beyond.
· Discover and pursue new sales prospects by reaching out to potential clients to demonstrate our services and products.
· Identify opportunities with clients to address specific pain points for them which could be addressed by using the HQLAᵡ platform.
· Address the needs of clients in a way which is consistent with HQLAᵡ volume targets.
· Maintain relationships with clients and their support teams by providing support, information, and guidance, researching and recommending new opportunities.
· Identify product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
· Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services.
· Contribute to company marketing strategy to ensure our current and potential future clients are kept informed regarding HQLAᵡ platform functionality.
· Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions and conferences.
· Help maintain client satisfaction and handle complaints or objections.
· Collaborate with team members to achieve optimal results.
· Gather feedback from clients or prospects and share with internal teams.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Understand regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will impact the business.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with client stakeholders and HQLAᵡ stakeholders, and to persuade and influence.
· A self-starter and somebody that is willing roll up sleeves to help HQLAᵡ achieve its goals.
· At least three to five years (3-5) of relevant industry sales experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
· Background and knowledge of securities lending and / or collateral management within global securities financing markets.
· Ideally worked in both banking and startup environments.
· Be comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, be a "player and a coach", fast learner, be strictly non-political, and be passionate about building commercially successful solutions.
· Strong organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Fluent in English (spoken and written), any other language would be beneficial.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office, and aptitude in delivering attractive presentations.
· Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus.
· Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques.
· Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
· Thrives in a dynamic, challenging environment; able to adapt easily to change.
· Commercial acumen.
· Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward.
· Analytical mind with attention for quality, excellent problem-solving skills with strong decision-making capability.
· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and provide the
highest level of client service.
· Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com