An exciting opportunity exists for a finance manager to help oversee the financial management of the HQLAx business, which is building a new collateral exchange platform using distributed ledger (‘blockchain’) technology to digitise baskets of assets and create a standardised token lending marketplace to help market participants redistribute liquidity more effectively and more cost efficiently. The Finance Manager will liaise with the Senior Management Team, and will assume a hands-on role with responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the company.
HQLAx is a partnership of financial market veterans focused on providing corporate and bank treasurers with a cost effective, standardised, transparent and scalable market solution to transfer liquidity more efficiently.
- A prototype version of the HQLAx securities lending platform was originally built in 2017 using Corda via a collaboration of 5 banks, R3, and HQLAx.
- Subsequently, an early version of the platform was used to execute a live transaction between 2 banks at the start of 2018.
- In April 2018, Deutsche Börse Group and HQLAx announced a partnership to build the HQLAx platform on the R3 Corda Blockchain Platform.
- And more recently, Deutsche Börse Group announced that it expanded its partnership with HQLAx by acquiring a minority stake in HQLAx.
Press releases for the above milestones are available here: https://www.hqla-x.com/category/news
The finance manager position is critical to the success of the HQLAx platform. The successful candidate is likely to have accounting qualifications, worked in both banking and startup environments, be comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, be a “player and a coach”, be strictly non-political, and be passionate about building commercially successful solutions. The finance manager will be accountable for the financial operations of HQLAx and duties will cover the full spectrum of finance operations, including budgeting and forecasting, preparation of management accounts, cash flow management and auditing. The Finance Manager will be a talented, professional and experienced individual, capable of managing a diverse list of tasks. This role involves liaising with business functions, supporting them in managing their budgets and financial planning.
HQLAx has offices in both Luxembourg and Zug. This opportunity exists in Luxembourg.
Attractive and competitive benefits package included.
- Improve efficiencies and reduce company costs
- Implement robust financial systems and processes
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Oversee cash flow management
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process, including variances
- Develop relationships with external advisors, e.g. solicitors and banks
- Liaise with auditors for annual monitoring
- Deliver regulatory reporting
- Complete VAT returns
- Review spending against budget, with individual departments
- Present year end accounts
- Undertake cost-benefit analysis for financial opportunities
- Reconcile balance sheets
- Understand regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will impact the business
- A self-starter and somebody that is willing roll up sleeves to help HQLAx achieve its goals.
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Thrives in a dynamic, challenging environment; able to adapt easily to change.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), French would be beneficial
- Remarkable commercial acumen and strategic business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward
- Analytical mind with attention for quality
- Good communication skills and team spirit
- Dynamic and business oriented
More information on HQLAx is available here: www.hqla-x.com
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com