An exciting opportunity exists for an Ops Engineer/developer to help build HQLAx’s new collateral exchange platform which will use R3’s Corda distributed ledger (‘blockchain’) technology to digitise baskets of assets and create a standardised token lending marketplace to help market participants redistribute liquidity more effectively and more cost efficiently.
HQLAx is a partnership of financial market veterans focused on providing corporate and bank treasurers with a cost effective, standardised, transparent and scalable market solution to transfer liquidity more efficiently.
- A prototype version of the HQLAx securities lending platform was originally built in 2017 using Corda via a collaboration of 5 banks, R3, and HQLAx.
- Subsequently, an early version of the platform was used to execute a live transaction between 2 banks at the start of 2018.
- In April 2018, Deutsche Börse Group and HQLAx announced a partnership to build the HQLAx platform on the R3 Corda Blockchain Platform.
- And more recently, Deutsche Börse Group announced that it expanded its partnership with HQLAx by acquiring a minority stake in HQLAx.
Press releases for the above milestones are available here: https://www.hqla-x.com/category/news
The Ops Engineer position is critical to the success of the HQLAx platform. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of helping to build (design & code) complex software projects with the necessary skills to maintain and enhance the continuous integration environment. They will be experienced in multiple languages and multiple development methodologies and will have a strong track record of building & maintaining complex development, testing & deployment environments. They are likely to have worked in both banking and startup environments, be comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, and be passionate about building commercially successful solutions. They may already be active in one or more open source projects, and have a sound understanding of security engineering principles. Capital Markets and/or Trading and/or blockchain technology experience are not mandatory, but a plus.
HQLAx has offices in both Luxembourg and Zug. This opportunity exists in Luxembourg.
Attractive and competitive benefits package included.
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration environment for the HQLAx software platform.
- Create & maintain the scripts and tooling to ensure that the build, test & delivery pipeline runs smoothly,
- Coordinate the rollout of new releases across all Nodes of the HQLAx Corda Business Network,
- Hands on development & fix of key components of the HQLAx collateral exchange platform.
- Investigate and resolve software issues,
- Support the CTO on the full lifecycle development of the HQLAx collateral exchange platform from inception, architectural design, GUI design, build, functional testing, non-functional testing, implementation, and integration with existing banking systems of HQLAx‘s clients.
- Partner with the Deutsche Börse Group technology team to enhance the overall technology architecture of the HQLAx platform for customers.
- Partner with the R3 Corda development team to propose enhancements to the Corda Enterprise platform that will mutually benefit both the HQLAx platform and other Corda based solutions.
- Create and maintain a state of the art monitoring and alerting environment
- Design and maintain a highly reliable and secure production environment
- Willing to cover part of an on-call rota to provide production support coverage
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Technical degree from a top university and significant hands-on experience in the fields of software development and platform management including experience with multiple software development methodologies.
- A self-starter and somebody that is willing roll up sleeves to help HQLAx achieve its goals.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Solid experience using scripting tools, build tools & configuration management tools.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of Java/Kotlin application stacks
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. DataDog, Graphite/Grafana)
- Experience with automation software (preferably Ansible)
- Experience with central logging systems (e.g. ELK)
- Experience of deploying, using and managing the Atlassian tool set (Jira, Service Desk etc).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Solid scripting skills (shell, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (firewall configuration, load balancers, proxy configuration)
- Solid understanding and experience of security engineering
- Solid understanding of Public Key Infrastructures
- Deep and broad understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through significant professional experience
- Experience with one or more blockchain technologies desirable but not essential
More information on HQLAx is available here: www.hqla-x.com
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org