An exciting opportunity exists for a developer to help build HQLAx’s new collateral exchange platform which will use R3’s Corda distributed ledger (‘blockchain’) technology to digitise baskets of assets and create a standardised token lending marketplace to help market participants redistribute liquidity more effectively and more cost efficiently.
HQLAx is a partnership of financial market veterans focused on providing corporate and bank treasurers with a cost effective, standardised, transparent and scalable market solution to transfer liquidity more efficiently.
- A prototype version of the HQLAx securities lending platform was originally built in 2017 using Corda via a collaboration of 5 banks, R3, and HQLAx.
- Subsequently, an early version of the platform was used to execute a live transaction between 2 banks at the start of 2018.
- In April 2018, Deutsche Börse Group and HQLAx announced a partnership to build the HQLAx platform on the R3 Corda Blockchain Platform.
- And more recently, Deutsche Börse Group announced that it expanded its partnership with HQLAx by acquiring a minority stake in HQLAx.
Press releases for the above milestones are available here: https://www.hqla-x.com/category/news
The Scrum Master position is critical to the success of the HQLAx platform. The successful candidate will have a successful track record of helping to build (design & code) complex software projects. They will have a strong track record of building complex client facing applications and solutions. They are likely to have worked in both banking and startup environments, be comfortable with ambiguity, have impeccable character, and be passionate about building commercially successful solutions. Capital Markets and/or Trading and/or blockchain technology experience are not mandatory, but a plus.
HQLAx has offices in both Luxembourg and Zug. This opportunity exists in Zug.
Attractive and competitive benefits package included.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence and integrity.
- Partner with the Deutsche Börse Group technology team to enhance the overall technology architecture of the HQLAx
- Work closely with other HQLAx personnel to ensure the HQLAx‘s collateral lending platform meets the functional requirements as defined by HQLAx in collaboration with its customers.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, complex technological concepts and projects to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Make presentations to HQLAx co-founders, board of directors and chief executive officer.
- Coaching an agile development team as a scrum master.
- Drafting use cases, test plans, and software documentation.
- Managing stakeholders such as product owners, clients, regulators, etc…
- Requirements analysis.
- Planning test and release activities.
- Drive and shape automated testing.
- Knowledge of Blockchain, Distributed ledger technology or distributed systems is a plus. Thrives in a dynamic, challenging environment; able to adapt easily to change.
- A self-starter and somebody that is willing roll up sleeves to help HQLAx achieve its goals.
- Familiar and comfortable with agile ways of working, including Scrum, in a software development environment.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Strong social skills: can work effectively in a diverse, international and multicultural environment.
- Capable of managing (senior) stakeholders.
- Proactive: makes things happen.
- Good knowledge of the securities market.
- A solid understanding of IT environments in financial industries, including the software security and reliability requirements for such environments.
- Strong coordination, estimation, and planning skills; familiar with associated tools (e.g., JIRA).
- Strong technical writer:
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have sufficient technical depth to draft specifications, test plans, and architectural documentation.
- Familiar with enterprise technology, including relational databases, message queues, APIs, PKI, virtualization, containers, etc.
- Understands distributed ledger technology.
- Critical Thinking, Interpersonal Skills, Technological Analysis, Research, Business, Computational Skills, Mentoring, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Presentations, Industry Knowledge, IT Terminology, Computer Network Development and Maintenance, Client Management.
More information on HQLAx is available here: www.hqla-x.com
If you are interested in this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org